This is the highly respected Orion 8" active but with onboard Digital Signal Processing (DSP). DSP allows the user to manipulate and shape the sound being reproduced to match the needs of the room, the audience or acoustic purpose.
For example: If you are using the Orion 8" active with a subwoofer you may choose to prevent the 8" speaker from delivering a frequency less than 105Hz thereby letting the subwoofer handle all the low frequencies (LF). This will enhance the performance of the Orion 8" as it has less LF work to attend to.
You can connect two Orion 8 active speakers to one Bluetooth stereo source as we use TWS (True Wireless Stereo) Bluetooth.
A major feature of the Orion 8 DSP is the professional locking Powercon power socket and cable connector (included) designed to prevent power failures. Too often IEC, low-cost kettle leads fall out or get pulled out during a performance causing upset or equipment damage.
This speaker is popular because:
- Audiences of 200+ people
- Extremely portable and easy to carry in one hand
- Designed and Voiced in Great Britain for British sound reinforcement
- Consider combining with 15" or 18" Active Subwoofer for gigs over 200 people
- Inside or Outside due to the water-resistant acoustic foam behind the grille
- Dj's - Live Bands - Duos - Karaoke - Quiz nights
- Garden Parties, BBQ's, Fetes & Carnivals and Worship
- Dance, Yoga, Fitness, gyms
- Stage monitoring as its trapezoidal
- DJ Booth Monitoring
- Studio Monitoring
- Outside Events (Waterproof Covers Available)
- FRFR compatible as backing tracks can be played simultaneously
Bluetooth means no need for signal cables makes life simpler and safer. This is the perfect speaker for those who need to put music in different places wirelessly or play and sing along to other pre-recorded music.
- Peak Power: 1200 W - only 9kg!
- Full DSP
- Bluetooth with 30m range - Stereo TWS drives both speakers at the same time from compatible devices.
- XLR, and 6.35mm Jack Inputs
- 8'' Low-Frequency Woofer and 1.4'' Tweeter
- 2-Way Bi-Amplified Design with 300W RMS Power
- Max. SPL (Peak): 125 Db
- Frequency Response: 70 - 20000 Hz
- Locking professional Powercon power cable (included) to prevent power failures when IEC low-cost kettle leads fall out or get pulled out.
- Lightweight and Durable ABS Enclosure
- Easy to carry and move
- 35mm pole mount and Multiple Rigging Points
- The shock-resistant front grill provides maximum speaker protection
- Water-resistant polycarbonate case and foam behind the grille
- Water Proof Covers are available
- Personal Service and UK service centre with low-cost parts
This speaker is designed to reproduce music with a flat response. The Orion 8" reproduces what you ask of it to perfection across all frequencies.
Whether you are a singer-songwriter, DJ, presenter, fitness instructor, or you just want to enjoy amazing sound on the go, the Orion 8 Compact active speaker delivers a huge crystal clear and clean sound in a highly portable package.
Designed and engineered in Great Britain the Orion active speakers are trustworthy, reliable and very loud!
- Boxed depth:28.0 cm
- Boxed height:45.0 cm
- Boxed width:31.0 cm
- Unboxed depth:25.0 cm
- Unboxed height:43.0 cm
- Unboxed weight:8.5 kg
- Unboxed width:29.0 cm
- Boxed weight: 9.0 kg
- RMS Power: 300w
- Audio Type: Active
- Audience Size: Up to 200
- Cabinet Material: Rugged, non-resonant ABS
- Peak Power: 1200w
- Controls gain, mic/line, hi-low gain mode
- Amplifier: Class D
- Bluetooth v5.0
- Woofer Size: 203.2 mm
- Woofer Magnet: Ferrite
- Woofer Voice Coil: 2"
- Woofer Voice Coil: 50.8mm
- Fully programmable Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
- Highest quality components
- Operating Voltage: 100 - 120 V / 50 - 60 Hz Or 200 - 240 V / 50 - 60 Hz
- 35mm pole mount
- Line Output Connectors: XLR
- Line Input Connectors: XLR/1/4" Jack multi-socket (RCA/Phono/3.5mm Mini Jack adaptors available on request.
- Mic Inputs Connectors: XLR/1/4" Jack multi-socket
- Indicators: Clip, On, Signal
- Protection Circuits: Multi-band limiter, over-voltage, over-current, thermal overload
- Max. SPL (Peak): 125 dB
- Frequency Response: 70 - 20,000 Hz