Ran out of questions to add to your weekly zoom quiz? Think you know your stuff about music and pro audio? Well, we thought we'd help you out, and give you a few questions and answers to get you started.
The below questions cover a range of different eras and subjects to cater for all ages and musical interests.
1. Which American band used the line array principle in their "Wall Of Sound" PA system?
2. Which English manufacturer of PA equipment (and tape echoes), founded in 1949, was the first company to use solid-state slave amplifiers to power multiple loudspeaker stacks?
3. Name the English company whose 50 TOP valve (tube) guitar amplifiers were sold by Jim Marshall before he started manufacturing under his own name.
4. Which English PA manufacturer (founded in the 1970s by an Australian ex-pat) became famous for (amongst others) its Philishave 2x12 midrange cabs.
5. Name the Scottish HiFi loudspeaker company whose name is synonymous with a system of loudspeakers used for making announcements in public spaces.
6. 1970s and 80s hitmaker Alvin Stardust had had a previous incarnation as a 1960s Rock and Roller. What was his former name?
7. And what was his real name?
8. James B. Lansing was one of the pioneer loudspeaker designers. He gave his name to two famous speaker companies, One was JBL, what was the other?
9. What was the title of ZZ Top’s first album?
10. Omnidirectional, cardioid, figure of eight, condenser and ribbon are all terms used with which type of sound equipment?
11. Glastonbury Festival has permission to allow how many people onto Worthy Farm? a) 210,000 b) 245,000 c) 260,000
12. What year did Heart of Glass, I Will Survive and Hot Stuff reach number 1 in the Billboard Hot 100?
13. True or False - Kiki Dee was born in Bradford?
14. Complete this Lyric “I hollered, "Don't look, Ethel!" But it was too late She'd already been mooned, flashed her right there in front of the
15. In 1973 Which band were heralded The Worlds Loudest Band with their 10,000 watt PA System
16. In What year did the Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain die
17. What was David Bowie’s real surname?
18. What was the name of Madonna’s first studio album, released in 1983?
19. Which artist headlined Friday night on the Pyramid Stage at Glastonbury Festival 2019?
20. Which famed British musician played a wizard singer in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire?
Spoiler Alert, answers incoming...
(1) Grateful Dead, (2) WEM, (3) Carlsbro, (4) Martin Audio, (5) Tannoy, (6) Shane Fenton, (7) Bernard Jewry, (8) Altec-Lansing, (9) Tres Hombres, (10) Microphones, (11) 210,000, (12) 1979, (13) True, (14) Shock Absorbers, (15) Deep Purple, (16) 1994, (17) Jones, (18) Madonna, (19) Stormzy, (20) Jarvis Cocker