QSC GX7 Power Amplifier 2000w RMS
Product Code: QSCGX7
Ready for dispatch in 7 working days
The QSC GX7 Power Amp is ideal for professionals on a budget. This lightweight, easy to use power amp provides excellent audio quality and reliability.
GX Series amplifiers are ideal for professional entertainers who require maximum performance and portability on a limited budget. QSC designers, headed by Pat Quilter, have optimised output and appearance while reducing raw material cost and weight. It's all here - dramatic styling, easy hook-up and adjustments, excellent audio quality and QSC reliability.
GX amplifiers deliver just the right amount of power to the most popular speakers used by entertainers. Typically, loudspeaker manufacturers recommend an amplifier with power output equal to the speaker's Program (Music) Power rating or two times (2 x) the Continuous (RMS) Power rating. The GX7 provides full performance for 500 watt (Program) speakers.
The GX7 uses a Class H system, based on key elements of the PL Series, (PLX, PL3, CX, DCA) almost doubling power in the same size and weight. QSC design expertise allows the output devices to shift from low-power to high-power rails in less than a millionth of a second, ensuring that the output power is always right where it needs to be without excess loss. The amplifier uses premium toroidal power transformers for reliable mid-weight performance. A variable-speed fan moves air crosswise through the amplifier, drawing cool air in over the power transformer, through the fan, and then over the heat sink. This keeps the transformer cool and allows a full size heat sink to fit in a down-sized chassis. As always, the amplifiers are fully protected from the usual hazards of the trade, ensuring stable performance and long life.
GuardRail protection delivers full peak power while preventing detrimental overloads. During excessive clipping, or extreme overheating, GuardRail reduces gain just enough to preserve the integrity of the music, protect the speakers and keep the audience excited, without unprofessional distortion levels or shutdowns.
A subwoofer reduces strain on the full-range speaker, allowing it to play louder, or letting a smaller speaker do the same job. The GX Series supports this mode with a Crossover switch that splits the full-range input entering Ch 1, sending 20 Hz -100 Hz to the sub (Ch 1) and 100 Hz - 20 kHz to the top box (Ch 2). The front panel gain controls balance the sub and top box, while GuardRail optimises peak power into the sub and top individually, for greater musical impact and dynamic range.
- Power levels matched to the most popular speakers used by entertainers
- Optimized for maximum real-world headroom into 4 ohm and 8 ohm speaker systems
- Inputs: XLR, 1/4" TRS and phono input connectors for compatibility with any source
- Outputs: Speakon® combo accepts, 1/4" (TS) plugs or Speakon 2-pole and 4-pole plugs (connects 2 poles only). Binding posts support all other speaker wiring systems
- Minimum depth chassis (10.1"/257 mm) fits in compact, inexpensive effects racks
- Lightweight - only 7.5 kg
- Detented gain controls for precise setting and matching of sensitivity
- GuardRail™ automatically protects the amplifier and loudspeakers from damage due to temperature rise or overdrive without shutting down the show
- Front panel LEDs monitor Power, Signal and Clipping
- Subwoofer/Satellite crossover built-in
Output Power RMS
- 8 ohms / 1kHz (both channels driven): 2 x 725W RMS
- 8 ohms / 1kHz (single channel driven): 1 x 800W RMS
- 4 ohms / 1kHz (both channels driven): 2 x 1000W RMS
- 4 ohms / 1kHz (single channel driven): 1 x 1200W RMS
- Distortion (1dB below rated power, 1kHz): >0.02 at 8 ohms, >0.05 at 4 ohms
- Signal to Noise (20Hz - 20kHz): 100dB
- Input Sensitivity: 1.2 Vrms
- Voltage Gain (8 ohms): 36.1dB
- Output Circuitry: 2-tier Class H
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz, +0, -1dB
- Dynamic Headroom (4 ohms): 2dB
- Input Impedance: Greater than 20k ohms (balanced)
- Maximum Input Level: +24dB (16 Vrms)
- Input Connectors (each channel): 3-pin XLR and 1/4" TRS, balanced, parallel / Phono, unbalanced
- Output Connectors (each channel): Speakon, 1/4", Binding Posts
- Amplifier and Load Protection: Short circuit, open circuit, thermal, RF protection, Load protected against DC faults
- Front Panel Controls and Indicators: Gain controls, 21 detents, Red CLIP LEDs, proportional, 0.1 THD threshold, Green SIGNAL LEDs, threshold 35 dB below clipping, Blue POWER LED, AC on
- Rear Panel Controls: Full Range / Crossover switch 100 Hz, 3rd order LP (sub), 2nd order HP (top)
- Dimensions: HWD 3.5" (89 mm) 2RU x 19" (483 mm) x 10.1" (257 mm)
- Weight: 120V model: Net: 15.5 lb (7 kg), Shipping: 20.5 lb (9.3 kg) / 230V model: Net: 16.5 lb (7.5 kg), Shipping: 21.5 lb (9.75 kg)
- Agency Approvals: UL, CE, RoHS/WEEE Compliant
- Power RMS
- 2000w RMS
- 0cm x 0cm x 0cm